Start Dates: TBC
Location: The Institute of Banking
Accreditation: This programme results in a UCD-accredited Professional Certificate in Digital Financial Services and Data Analytics, a Level 7 qualification.
Full Fee: €550
Network Members Fee: €400
- The programme seeks to develop an understanding of the impact and relations between process, technology and data.
- This will enable students to identify their role in the interaction of these elements and provide a foundation for students to begin to analyse data in order to identify improvements in the processes supporting digital financial services.
Method of Payment for this course: EFT only
Course objectives/learning outcomes
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between business processes, digital technology and data, especially as it related to operations, the customer and other stakeholders such as the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Services Ombudsman, Data Protection Commissioner, etc.
- Identify key digital technologies in financial services business, processes and customer service provision and explain the critical risks and vulnerabilities which must be managed in financial services digital systems.
- Apply basic statistical and data visualisation techniques and identify how they can be used to challenge assumptions underpinning the information used for decision-making.
- Compare and interpret the different kinds of data and how data relates to information, business intelligence for decision-making and the differences between using data for analysis and using data for predictive modelling.
- Collect, organise and use data to identify process improvements for operational or organisational efficiency and or enhanced customer service.
- Prepare and present concise data informative reports in response to well-defined questions or problems.
Who Should Attend
This programme is aimed at students working in operations and service support roles in financial services who wish to advance their studies in the area of digital transformation
Students study three modules as follows:
- Digital Financial Services (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
- Introduction to Data Analytics for Financial Services (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
- Applications of Data Analytics in Digital Financial Services (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
The course is delivered part time over two semesters, to facilitate those who are working in the financial services industry.
Module 1 will be delivered in Semester 1 (from September to December).
Modules 2 and 3 will be delivered by weekly lectures in Semester 2 (from February to May).
The programme will be delivered via face-to-face lectures and students have access to the following learning resources for each module:
- Specifically written comprehensive and user-friendly study manual
- Access to a range of elearning resources through My Institute, the online student centre, including:
- Online learning plan, including module outline and study plan
- Online student handbook
- Secure online access to exam results and correspondence100% continuous assessment
- Lecturer contact through an email helpline.
- Examination: 3-hour written, essay-style questions, 40% pass mark in at the end of each semester (typically
January and May).