Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 1 - 2 Days
This course provides in-depth coverage of the leading global debt markets, including the US, UK, and international (Eurobond) markets. Key fixed income mathematical concepts, such as yield to maturity, duration and convexity, are also covered. There is also a detailed discussion of credit risk issues in fixed income markets, and an introduction to passive and active bond trading strategies.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on course dates and course fees.
- Know fixed income market mathematics
- Understand credit risk concerns for fixed income market participants
- Know various aspects of FRNs, including their pricing and yield calculations
- Know government and non-government debt securities in the leading bond markets
- Know primary and secondary market trading conventions in the domestic and international bond markets
- Understand bond strategies and their objectives
Who is the course for?
Staff working for asset managers or bankers who need to understand the bond market.
- Fixed Income in a typical Bank
- Interest Rate Products
- Municipal Bonds
- Inflation-Linked Products
- Foreign Exchange
- Fund Solutions
- Prime Services
- Emerging Markets
- Fixed Income Overview
- Primary and Secondary
- Who Borrows?
- Senior vs. subordinate debt
- Secured vs. unsecured debt
- Bond funds and hedge funds
- Fixed Income Sectors
- Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs)
- Multilateral Financial Institutions (MFIs)
- League tables
- Bond Yield Basics
- Time value of money
- Internal Rate of Return
- Current Yield
- Limitations of Yield