At the end of this course, the learner will:
- Improve written communication and decision making.
- Reduce stress
- Increase efficiency
- Provide delegates with a methodical approach to report writing
Help them to create clear, concise and convincing reports which are easy to read
Who is the course for?
Anyone whose role involves writing reports or proposals.
Delegates are asked to bring some examples of their own reports on the day of the training (subject to agreement with management, confidentiality assured).
The course takes place in a lively atmosphere where learning points are introduced through discussion, example and anecdote.
Participants build their skills by completing a variety of short exercises.
The course content includes
- The value of good written communications
- The rules of writing and Staging
- Writing reports that introduce, connect, develop and conclude
- The Brief – Ensuring that the brief given has been explored and answered
- Ensuring the target audience is taken into consideration
- Readability Index
- Internal Organisational Culture
- How to organise and Include complex data
- Using logical flow and managing complex data
- Ensuring focus and impact
- Learn how to use references effectively and to deal with difficult questions
- Formal Report and proposals
- Proof reading your work – clear concise and correct
- The Finishing Touches and Revision
- Practical Application and Personal Plan
- Workshop Wrap-Up