Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 6 Months
This Foundation level course provides attendees with an overview of the role of the Business Analyst. The Business Analyst usually acts as
the link between business needs, users and IT within change initiatives. The course introduces delegates to the contribution that a business
analyst makes and the tools and techniques they have at their disposal to assist them in their role. At the end of the course the delegates may sit an examination to obtain the BCS Business Analysis Foundation Certificate. This qualification provides a foundation for the range of specialist BCS modular certificates in the areas of Business Analysis, IS Consultancy and Business Change, plus the higher level BCS Diploma in Business Analysis. In addition, this course can be used to provide a foundation for specialists in other disciplines, particularly Project Managers and System Developers.
Recognise the skills and competencies required of the business analyst
describe how a business strategy is developed:
– adopt a business analysis process modal approach to change
initiatives capture business system issues
– consider the perspectives of key individuals who will be
affected or are interested in the change project and document
– use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business
systems describe the contents of a business case which would
be used to justify a project
– include the people issues in any change initiative plan
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn the key skills and
competencies of a Business Analyst and who would like to have the option to prepare for and take the internationally recognised Foundation exam.
– A general understanding of the Business or IT environment
would be useful.
– Ability to commit to some homework per night during the
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- The role of the Business Analyst – Skills and Competencies
- Introducing The Business Analysis Process Model
- Introducing Strategy Analysis
- Exploration of Investigation Techniques
- Modelling the Business System
- Understanding Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Use of Business Process Modelling
- Making a Business and Financial Case
- Undertaking Requirements Engineering
- Modelling the IT System
- Managing Business Change