Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 1 hour
Registration starts at 8.30am
Location: Ibec, 84/86 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
Full Fee: €35
Network Members Fee: Free
Briefing session to examine the regulatory implications of Wholesale Market Conduct Risk (WMCR) and why good conduct is imperative to the future development and success of your business in Financial Services
Who should attend
Particularly useful for Markets personnel – Treasury, Cash Management, Operations involved with customers, Middle office and any counterparty facing personnel. Emphasis is on mindset, responsibility and leadership in this area.
What will be covered
Introduction to Wholesale Market Conduct Risk (WMCR)
- Understanding WMCR
- What does it mean to me and my firm?
- Wholesale Markets – Complexity & Interconnectivity
- Supervision & Supervisors – “Dear CEO Letter”
- Implications and Obligations
- Regulatory interactions – Inspections and Enforcements
- Understanding the rationale and the impact on market participants
MiFID (I & II), Market Abuse Regime, CRR / CRD IV, EMIR, CSDR, and others
- The 3 C’s of Conduct Risk – Culture, Conduct and the Client
- Understanding your role in WMCR – A market Conduct Mindset
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Reputational damage or enhancement
Larry Gordon, Associate Director – NEUEDA Global Skills Programme
Chartered Banker (CB), Fellow of the Institute of Banking in Ireland (FIOB) and Fellow of the Irish Institute of Training & Development (FIITD), MSc, BFS, MIoD.
With over 30 years spent in the International Financial Services industry and a decade as a trainer / lecturer Larry offers a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and C-Suite enabled approach to advice, education and development at all levels within the financial services arena.