Duration: 1 Day
Full Fees: €500
Network Members Fee: €250
This session tackles the UCITS rules and guidance in a very practical way. Participants use examples and case studies to illustrate how the rules are applied and to identify scenarios where some of the UCITS requirements are breached. There are a number of exercises throughout the session. Participants complete these exercises in groups or as individuals. In addition, participants complete a test at the beginning and end of the session.
At the end of this course participants will be able to;
- Distinguish between eligible and ineligible assets
- Identify permitted financial derivative instruments
- Describe and apply the UCITS rules on investment restrictions and risk spreading
- Calculate position exposure, global exposure and counterparty risk exposure
- Discuss how Value-at-Risk (VaR) is used
- Apply the UCITS exposure limits
- Discuss the required contents of the risk management process document
- Outline on-going UCITS reporting requirements
- Discuss the role of the company secretary in the UCITS framework
- Outline briefly the possible developments that will affect the rules regarding eligible assets and investment restrictions
Who should attend?
- Experienced fund service providers who require a greater understanding of the UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities) Regulations and how they should be applied in practice.
- Note: Participants should have a basic understanding of futures, options, FX forwards and swaps.
Course Content (Summary)
- The UCITS product overview
- Risk management framework
- Key investor information document (KIID)
- General requirements
- Eligible assets & investment restrictions
- Risk spreading rules
- Financial derivative instruments (FDI)
- Permitted FDI
- Commitment approach
- Issuer concentration (position) exposure
- Global exposure
- Value at Risk (VaR) approach
- General principles
- Quantitative and qualitative requirements
- Additional safeguards and disclosures
- OTC counterparty risk exposure
- Cover rules
- Annual FDI report
- UCITS V and UCITS VI
Please contact email@example.com for more information on training providers.