Start Date: TBC
Duration: 6 Months
Location: The Institute of Banking, 1 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1
Accreditation: Level 8
Full Fees: €2550
Network Members Fee: €1785
The Professional Diploma in International Investment Fund Services is for fund industry professionals with a number of years experience who are in team leadership or supervisory roles with responsibility for fund administration processes of functions (e.g Transfer/Agency/Valuations) domestically or have oversight of those functions carried out in outsourced providers globally.
The programme seeks to provide you with a detailed understanding of the legal and regulatory framework within which fund administration services are provided. The aim is to enable you to anticipate regulatory developments and their impact on the business. The programme also aims to develop your risk assessment skills related to fund administration operations. It will also develop your understanding of investment management, to enable you to understand fund management asset allocation decisions and the impact and implications for the fund service providers operations.
The professional Diploma in International Investment Fund Services will meet the needs of individuals by enhancing their knowledge and skills to deal with sectoral challenges and trends which include changes in the regulatory landscape, new product offerings, outsourcing/ offshoring fund administration activity, increased automation and globalisation of fund hubs.
Closing Date for Registrations: 20 January 2020
On successful completion of this programme, candidates will have:
- A thorough understanding of extant fund types and legal structures and the regulatory obligations applicable to each form
- Knowledge of emerging regulatory and legislative developments and the ability to evaluate the implications for affected sectors of the industry and its clients.
- An understanding of the internal and external risks in fund services and the tools and techniques used to identify, assess and mitigate such risks, including relevant risk management systems.
- A technical understanding for the full range of services provided by the industry, the functions of the main service providers and supervisors and interrelationships between them.
Successful participants will be awarded the Professional Diploma in International Investment Fund Services from UCD. This is a level 8 qualification on the NFQ and carries 30 ECTS.
Who Should Attend
Entry to the Professional Diploma is limited to holders of the Professional Certificate in Investment Fund Services.
Legal and Regulatory Framework for International Investment Fund Services (NFQ, Level 8, 10 ECTS)
To develop a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory framework for
international investment fund services and the ability to evaluate the implications of emerging legal and regulatory developments for the industry and its clients.
– The nature of regulation – approaches,
strategies and outcomes
– Cross sectoral regulation – rationale
– Regulatory authorisations of various
– Regulatory interventions and key
taxation decisions in fund operations
Management and Operations of International Investment Fund Services (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
This module builds on the first module to develop a deeper understanding of
the investment management processes with particular emphasis on assets under management, financial markets, fund structures, derivatives, short-selling and leverage, taxation at both the individual and company level and the prevention of financial crime.
– Enterprise risk management
– Market, credit and liquidity risk in
– Operational and legal risks of the
various fund vehicles
– Regulatory compliance risk.
Risk Management in International Investment Fund Services (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
To develop a comprehensive understanding of the risks across the breadth of international investment fund services, the tools, techniques and strategies used to manage these risks and the regulatory requirements to report
– Investment management asset classes
– Financial derivative markets
– Role of technology and digital in the funds industry
– Emerging tax and AML initiatives, financial crime prevention.