Location: IFSC, Dublin 1
Accreditation: Level 9 on the QQI Framework
Full Fees: €3,250
Network Members Fee: €2,375
The Professional Diploma in Applied Alternative Investments is an opportunity for professionals working in the funds industry to develop their expertise in the growing alternative assets market.
Increasingly, alternatives assets which includes hedge funds, commodities, private equity, structured products and real assets investments such as infrastructure investments are becoming mainstream investments which are predicted to grow significantly.
Given the breadth of alternative assets the programme will appeal to professionals working in the funds industry who want to develop expertise in alternative investments.
Method of Payment for this course: EFT only
Registration closes on 29 January 2021
The overall aim of the programme is to develop your technical knowledge and skills in alternative investments. It will:
- Advance your knowledge and understanding of valuation issues relevant to alternative investments and alternative investment funds
- Progress your understanding of long-term trends in the demand for alternative investments
- Deepen your knowledge and expertise in the range of alternative investment strategies
- Introduce the relevance and importance of alternative investments to various types of investors
- Develop your knowledge of legal and regulatory issues affecting alternative investment funds
When you successfully complete the three modules of this programme, you will be awarded the Professional Diploma in Applied Alternative Investments from UCD (at postgraduate level 9).
The minimum entry requirement for the programme are:
a) An honours degree and have at least one year’s experience in the funds industry
b) Admission may also be considered for experienced professionals who do not meet the admission requirements as set out in a) where they can demonstrate learning through work and training which makes them a suitable candidate for the programme (i.e. they will have significant experience in a senior funds role with responsibility for decision-making).
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute, or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year