Start Date: 07/06/2013
Duration: 1 year part time
Location: Dublin - Institute of Banking
Accreditation: Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualification
CPD Hours: 20 CPD hours per module will be awarded to Chartered Bankers on successful completion of modules within this qualification.
Full Fee: €920
Network Members Fee: €720
BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR ORGANISATION
The programme will be of significant benefit to those relatively new to supervisor or manager roles, who will typically be very technically skilled. It will enable you to:
– Describe the key attributes of a successful people manager
– Explain how perceptions and attitudes affect the way in which individuals work
– Outline the people manager’s role in developing and implementing business plans and strategy
– Discuss the role of people manager as a leader in motivating employees, employee development and team performance
– Deal constructively with challenges such as managing absence and underperformance
– Devise appropriate strategies to prepare team members for change and implement a change programme
– Develop a culture of innovation within a team
– Discuss the impact of culture and managing multicultural teams on your team, your organisation and your clients.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
The Professional Certificate in People Management is for those who have, or aspire to, team leadership and people management roles in an increasingly competitive market for financial services. As they manage the strategic management of the organisation and the staff who engage directly with clients, effective people managers are vital to the success within the financial services industry.
This programme introduces the role of the people manager and develops the core skills of self-management, communication, coaching, motivation and performance management that are needed by anyone who manages people and delivers results. It also prepares participants to respond constructively to the pace of change in the financial services industry and to lead their teams in innovation and adapting to change.
You study two modules as follows:
– Managing Teams for High Performance (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
– Innovation, Change and Team Leadership (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in People Management (level 7) from UCD.
100% continuous assessment
The pass mark is 40% in both modules in line with UCD academic policy.
The programme will be delivered via face-to-face practical workshops.
The second level educational requirements for employment in financial institutions are acceptable for entry to the Professional Certificate in People Management.
Non members – €460 per module
Summit Finuas Network Members – €360 per module