} Date: TBC
Duration: 1 Day
Learn to focus your resources to achieve the results you want. Graduates of this workshop make the right choices when faced with increasing demands and responsibilities. They select the right tasks, at the right time, every time.
What to Expect
Choose to focus your resources on key areas of business and create an effective plan for execution.
- Deliver improved results
- Overcome barriers to achievement
- Recognize what’s urgent and what’s important
- Turn intentions into actions
- Learn how to plan your projects
- Handle higher volume at a faster pace
- Commit to values and goals
- Focus on your business’ strategic direction
Who Should Attend
Individuals, supervisors and senior managers who must understand the strategic direction of their business and create an effective plan for execution.
This workshop is designed to help you develop the knowledge and the skills required to maximize your performance and productivity at work. At the end of the workshop, you will be better able to choose the right task, use the right tools and apply the right process to achieve great results.
Unit 1 Workshop Goals
Introduces you to the program materials, processes, tools and goals. Core competencies are highlighted for each unit and workshop exercises are designed to apply best practice behaviors.
Unit 2 Self-Assessment
Provides an opportunity to surface challenges both at work and at home and examines your current skill level to meet them. Results are plotted onto the WorkSkills Matrix.
Unit 3 The Productivity Formula
Emphasizes that while task achievement is a top priority, the processes and tools you choose are critical to the accomplishment of your desired results.
Unit 4 Define Your Purpose
Identifies and clarifies the key organizational strategies and aligns specific tasks and activities that support their achievement. You select a key strategy for application of the Priority Planning process.
- Core Competencies: Independence, Innovation, Conceptual Thinking
- Behaviors: Confidence, Balance, Focus
Unit 5 Establish Your Goals
Examines the decide-do-deliver model of work. You will learn how to develop a strategic goal to enhance performance within your chosen key strategy, and gain commitment from others with a process for team decision-making.
- Core Competencies: Strategic Thinking, Flexibility, Results Orientation
- Behaviors: Goal Setting, Decision Making, Planning
Unit 6 Turn Intentions Into Actions
Focuses attention on the process and tools to make things happen back on the job. You learn the importance of action planning with a proven small project management process.
- Core Competencies: Thoroughness, Efficiency, Concern for Impact
- Behaviors: Project Planning, Delegation
Unit 7 Deliver the Results
Emphasizes the needs for good communication, including influencing. The meeting process is reviewed and you learn the skills necessary to better coordinate the commitments of others.
- Core Competencies: Influencing, Persuasion, Initiative
- Behaviors: Communication, Meeting Planning, Teamwork
Unit 8 Learn From Experience
Develops a specific process to highlight what we have learned in order to evaluate the experience of proper planning and to continuously improve the process.
- Core Competencies: Ability to Learn, Self-Development, Flexibility
- Behaviors: Continuous Improvement, Self-Appraisal, Coaching
Unit 9 Team/Company Assessment
Re-visiting the WorkSkills Matrix™ in order to assess your team’s specific challenges and skills related to the Priority Planning process.
Unit 10 Learning Transfer – Back On The Job
Summarizes the workshop highlights and provides a simple transfer of the action plan back to the workplace.