Start Dates: TBC
The workshop focuses on the responsibilities of the different roles within a PRINCE2® Project Board.
It stresses the importance of the Project Board as the link between the business objectives of the organisation and the specific deliverables of the project.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on course fees and course dates for this course.
- Describe the responsibility of each of the roles on the Project Board.
- Understand organisation structures appropriate for a project environment.
- Understand the importance of the Business Case, the Project Initiation Document (PID) and Plans.
- Direct the project using the most appropriate controls.
- Agree project tolerances with the project manager and determine the reporting structures
Who is the course for?
The workshop is designed to equip attendees with the understanding of the responsibilities of the Project Board and the different controls available for interacting with the Project Manager.
- The Project and the Business – Stakeholders and Business influences, the importance of the Business Case and project definition
- The Project Organisational Structure – Roles and Responsibilities; the Project Executive, the Senior User, the Senior Supplier. What do these roles do, what are the responsibilities?
- Controlling the Project – The concept of “Management by Exception”, the interaction with the Project Manager, the Project Plan, setting and using project tolerances, the purpose of the End Stage Assessment and the questions to be asked. The sub processes of “Directing a Project”
- Project Reporting – The Communications Plan and the Highlight Report.