Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 2 year programme
Full Fee: €7,750
Network Members Fee: €5,800
Finance, stereotypically is seen as a highly regulated industry dominated by banks that resist disruption and change. However, finance is now riding an entrepreneurial wave due to an influx of highly available and powerful computing resources and electronic services, accessible forms of data analytics, and disruptive technologies like BitCoin, WePay and Kickstarter. This course will provide students with the foundations of the digital financial market and the latest knowledge and competencies at the intersection of finance and technology; the rapidly evolving area that is FinTech.
- The MSc in FinTech aims to produce high-quality, technically competent,
innovative graduates that will become leading practitioners in the field of Financial Technologies (FinTech). Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to perform independent investigation positioning them to make informed and critical decisions regarding requirements elicitation and analysis, implementation, evaluation and documentation in FinTech.
Upon the completion of the FinTech MSc, graduates will be able to:
- Conduct independent research and analysis in the FinTech domain.
- Formulate and implement novel research ideas using the latest industry
- Synthesize and critically evaluate expert knowledge of governance and
compliance, data analysis and visualisation, cybersecurity and IT
auditing, big data analytics, high level as well as deep financial data
analysis skills, techniques and technologies of FinTech utilised in both
technical and business contexts.
- Critically evaluate and optimise entrepreneurship, business, and
technical strategies for the FinTech domain.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate effective business & technical
solutions for the FinTech domain.
- Contextualise and integrate future, emerging, and disruptive
technologies in FinTech.
- Acquire and develop competencies in legal and ethical practices in
- Acquire and develop a comprehensive skill set in leadership and
collaboration in order to actualise entrepreneurship and innovation in
Who is the course for?
This interdisciplinary course will appeal to graduates of finance, computing and
business seeking to enter the area of FinTech; and industry practitioners seeking
to gain insightful experience and exposure to the FinTech domain along with its
associated areas of data analytics, electronic services, e-Cash, as well as related
future and emerging technologies.
Financial Marketing [10 ECTS]
Data Analytics [10 ECTS]
Data Governance and Compliance [5 ECTS]
Information Assurance and Cybersecurity [5 ECTS]
Financial Analytics [10 ECTS]
Blockchain Technologies [10 ECTS]
Contemporary Topics in FinTech [5 ECTS]
Digital Forensics (Elective) [5 ECTS]
Crowd Markets (Elective) [5 ECTS]
Entrepreneurship in FinTech [5 ECTS]
Industry Based Research Project (Elective) [25 ECTS]
Research Project (Elective) [25 ECTS]