Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 1 Day
The aim of this course is to provide a practical briefing on how Money Market funds work, and the benefits and risks for investors, and issuers.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on course dates and course fees.
The key learning goals are:
- Understand how Money Market funds work
- Know the benefits for investors
- Know the benefits for issuers
- Understand the risk transfer from issuer to investor well as the risks for investors.
- Understand the embedded risks in the funds
Who is the course for?
The programme is aimed at investors of those working in Fund administration, investment management, audit or compliance.
- Investment Funds overview
- What is the Money Market?
- Routes to Market / wrappers
- Importance of Money Market funds in the financial markets
- Institutional and retail investors
Case Study 1
- ‘Breaking the Buck’
Types of Money Market investments
- Government securities
- Commercial Paper
- Other investments
Case Study 2
- Challenges for Money Market funds
- US regulations
- EU regulations
- Other regulations
Inside a Money Market fund
• Fund administration
- Other support functions
Course wrap up