Duration: 1 day
Location: Clarion Hotel, IFSC, Dublin 1
CPD Hours: 6 CPD Hours
Full Fee: €600
Network Members Fee: €500
A comprehensive, practical review of current IFRS requirements and practices for investment fund financial reporting.
At the end of this course participants will be able to
- Outline the background to the IFRS accounting framework
- Present principal financial statements in a format consistent with IFRS
- Classify financial instruments in accordance with IFRS
- Describe how financial assets & liabilities are measured under IFRS
- Describe the characteristics of fair value and the fair value hierarchy
- Explain key disclosure requirements as they relate to investment funds reporting under IFRS
- Discuss recent updates and expected developments in IFRS
Who should attend?
- Hedge fund and mutual fund professionals who are responsible for the preparation or audit of fund financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Hedge fund and mutual fund professionals who require a greater understanding of IFRS for investment funds
Course Content (Summary)
- Financial statements
- Statement of assets & liabilities
- Statement of comprehensive income
- Statement of cash flows
- Financial instruments
- Recognition & de-recognition
- Classification of financial assets & financial liabilities
- Initial & subsequent measurement of financial assets & financial liabilities
- Fair value
- Current Developments
Alan Farrell, FCCA, is the founder of Quickstep Consulting. He has over 20 years experience in the funds industry and has also lectured extensively on financial risk management and accounting topics.