Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 1 Day
Full Fee: €600
Network Members Fee: €350
The idea of a ‘price in the future’ is arguably the most fundamental concept in the evolution of derivatives. This course focuses on various aspects of both forward and futures contracts, including the pricing mechanism, the hedging process, and trading techniques. Forward-type contracts in the interest rate, equity, currency and commodity markets are all examined throughout the tutorials in this course.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on course dates and course fees.
- the calculation of a ‘fair’, but essentially unique, forward price for most investment assets.
- the distinctive features of the futures market.
- the hedging process for the different types of forward and futures contracts.
- various trading opportunities using futures.
Who is the course for?
- New or recent recruits to the futures desk
- Portfolio managers
- Treasury department staff
- Sales and marketing executives
- Finance and accounting staff
- Compliance and regulatory staff
Derivatives – An Introduction
Forward & Futures – An Introduction
- Introduction and recap of online learning
- Time value of money
- Forward pricing
- Futures pricing
- Forward and Futures Product Varieties
- Exchange traded markets
- OTC markets
- Exotic forwards and futures
- Forward and Futures Product Strategies
- Term structure
- Risk management
- Arbitrage and speculation
Summary & Close