Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 1 Day
Full Fee: €600
Network Members Fee: €350
A one day workshop programme providing a broad overview of exchange traded options for those with limited experience of options.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on course dates and course fees.
This programme is delivered as a blended solution with Instructor-led training. The course is taught using highly engaging discussion sessions followed by case studies based on actual deals illustrating each of the above concepts.
- Recap on futures and cash trading
- Know how the main types of options
- Know where exchange traded options are listed.
- Understand how exchange traded options are margined
Who is the course for?
The programme is aimed at those working in the middle office or in operations groups needing to understand how exchange traded options are used and priced. It would also suit those outside financial services working in corporate treasury.
- Options – An Introduction
- Options – Introduction to Option Valuation
Welcome & Recap of online pre-work
- Options types
- Option payoffs
- Exercise Styles
Understanding Option Value
- Exercise: Probability distributions
Exercise: Sensitivity of the Greeks
- Volatility Surfaces
Currency Option Valuation in Excel
- Garman-Kohlhagen Model and relation to BS and Merton
- Valuing puts and calls
- Calculating delta, gamma, vega and two rho’s
- User-defined functions and spreadsheet modeling
- Short positions
- Delta hedges
- Index equivalent positions
- Index hedges using delta and beta
Summary & Close