Start Dates: TBC
Full Fee: €600
Network Members Fee: €350
EMIR is the latest set of European legislation to impact the financial markets. It promises to bring significant change to the way derivatives are transacted and cleared. This one day programme explains the legislation and it’s impact on the financial markets, including changes to risk management, regulatory reporting and the trading and settling of derivatives.
- Understand the scope of EMIR
- Understand the impact of EMIR on clearing and risk management
- Know how LEI’s (Legal Entity Identifier) will impact the industry
- Understand the reporting requirements that EMIR will introduce
Who is the course for
Personnel working in operations, risk and IT that need to understand the impact of EMIR on their business.
- Course Introduction
- Course objectives and history
- What is EMIR?
- The introduction of EMIR in the European Union
- Rationale behind the legislation
- Key requirements of EMIR
- Risk management
- Reporting to trade repositories
- Organisational and prudential requirements
- The introduction of OTFs
- To what activities does EMIR apply?
- To whom does EMIR apply?
- Anticipated benefits to the marketplace
- The introduction of LEIs
- Comparison with the Dodd-Frank Act of the United States
- Reporting under EMIR
- Reporting responsibility
- The timing for reporting
- The role of trade repositories
- The overlap with MiFID II and MiFIR
- The impact on the global OTC market
- CCP requirements
- The concept and operation of client clearing
- EMIR timeline
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on training providers.