Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 6 Months
Accreditation: CAI/ICAS member will be awarded a Diploma in Corporate Finance from Chartered Accountants Ireland under the ‘1966 ICAI Charter Amendment Act’. Others will be awarded the Diploma in Corporate Finance by Chartered Accountants Ireland Executive Education DAC
Full Fee: Non- CAI Member - €2995
CAI Member - €2695
Fee: CAI Member + IFS Skillnet Member - €2000
During the course, participants will build a powerful set of skills which will enable them to assess and advise on investment decisions, project financing, corporate valuation and acquisition/ divestment decisions. It will sharpen participant’s critical commercial acumen, shifting value and influence to the top of the business.
For further information and to download a course brochure click here
On successful completion of this programme, the participant will
be able to:
• Have a clear understanding of the use and limitations of corporate finance and of the relationship between risk, expected return and firm valuation. Participants will understand the key methods by which corporate finance may boost shareholder value and will be able to analyse a firm’s financial situation from its financial statements and to model a firm’s financial future
• Analyse investment decisions facing firms and estimate their cost of capital using a variety of techniques. Participants will be able to estimate where they find themselves in the business cycle, with a view to improving their acquisition / disposal record
• Analyse a firm’s capital structure in light of the firm’s risk profile and to identify relevant source of finance and their likely cost
• Apply a variety of techniques to reach a plausible valuation of a firm, analyse differences in valuations between firms and take an informed view on the valuation level of the overall market in the context of secular and cyclical valuation trend
• Identify and advise on key issues (structure, auction, pricing, risks, due diligence, exits) that arise from change of control transactions such as buyouts, mergers and acquisitions
• Identify and advise on key issues arising from business restructuring and will have a full understanding of the special features of the corporate finance environment for SMEs
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for business and finance professionals, including those in the financial services sector, either working in or aspiring to work in corporate finance. It is ideal for those involved in business financing, valuation and analysis. The programme also enables experienced corporate financiers to gain formal recognition for their existing skills and expertise in the field.
Module 1: Financial Analysis, Financial Mathematics and Risk
Module 2: Investment Decisions
Module 3: Financing and Treasury Decisions
Module 4: Valuation and Capital Markets
Module 5: Corporate Transactions
Module 6: Business Restructuring
Chartered Accountants Ireland is a membership body representing 29,500 influential members throughout the globe. Their role is to educate, represent and support their members.
They provide first class education and training, lifelong learning initiatives, services for otheir members in both practice and business, as well as technical support and representation.