Start Dates: 10/11/2021
Full Fee: €350
Network Members Fee: €200
In a dynamic Cyber threat landscape where there are increasing risks globally, the financial sector continues to be a key target area. The emerging themes of the post Cyber-attack landscape are reputational damage, business disruption, regulatory sanction and high cost litigation. It is recognised that those organisations that take appropriate and reasonable steps to mitigate cyber risks are better positioned to defend themselves post-attack. Board members have collective and individual accountability to deliver and enable this agenda. This NCSC certified course will provide Boards and Senior Executives with comprehensive knowledge of the current cyber threat landscape, focusing on their critical role in managing risk to make informed decisions, deliver objectives and ensure business resilience.
Board members and Senior Managers play a critical leadership role in an organisation and have collective and individual responsibility to counter Cyber threats and manage risk.
• Ability to describe what is meant by Cyber Security and why it is a Board and leadership accountability.
• Gain awareness of the dynamic Cyber threat landscape and attack types e.g. technical, ransomware, social engineering, types of phishing, types of insider threat (malicious and nonmalicious). Includes impact on self and others; consequences; current context; industry considerations; and emerging trends.
• Be provided with an overview of relevant legislation, legal rights and corporate and personal liabilities and responsibilities, including an insight into trends in changes in Director responsibilities.
• Gain knowledge of best practices in Leadership, Strategy and Governance and Information Risk Management.
• Apply knowledge and behaviour to mitigate risks within your organisation and also across supply chain.
• Gain awareness of approaches to support oversight, assurance and reporting.
• An opportunity to explore scenarios related to incident management and business continuity and share learning from case studies.
• Your role in building Cyber resilience and fostering a positive Cyber Security culture relating to all aspects of people, processes, and technology.
• An opportunity for discussion and Q&A in a safe forum.
Who is the course for?
Members of Boards, Non-Executives, Senior Managers, Senior Information Risk Owners
• The Cyber threat landscape affecting Financial Services including current context and trends
• Threats, Vulnerabilities and Impact in the context of Financial Services
• Key legislation and regulation covering Cyber Security, Data Protection and corporate and personal responsibilities
• Learning from Cyber Security incidents and data breaches using scenarios
• What’s important?
o Identifying and securing key information assets (both internal and external)
• Taking action and managing your risk
o Key roles and responsibilities
o Policy and risk appetite
o Building organisational resilience and mitigating reputational, financial and operational risks
o Outsourcing and supply chain security management, including Cloud
o Assurance and Reporting
o Fostering a positive Cyber Security culture relating to all aspects of people, processes, and technology.
• Q&A, further help and support.