At the end of this course participants will be able to
- Describe how credit default swaps work
- Explain the various terms associated with CDSs
- Explain why fund managers enter into CDS agreements
- Describe how the CDS market has developed
- Demonstrate an understanding of the factors that affect the value of a swap
- Describe the issues facing fund managers in trading CDSs
- Appreciate the issues facing administrators in trade processing, pricing and accounting for CDSs
Who should attend?
Staff with little or no experience of swaps but with some funds experience working in the areas of fund
administration, fund management, trustee & compliance, custody, legal and auditing.
- What is credit risk?
- CDS terminology and key features
- CDS examples
- Single name CDS
- CDS indices
- CDS uses
- What determines the value of a CDS?
- Pricing sources
- Issues facing fund managers trading CDSs
- Control issues facing the fund administrator
- Market & regulatory development