Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 3 Months
Accreditation: CAI/ICAS member will be awarded a Diploma in Corporate Finance from Chartered Accountants Ireland under the ‘1966 ICAI Charter Amendment Act’. Others will be awarded the Diploma in Corporate Finance by Chartered Accountants Ireland Executive Education DAC
Full Fee: Non- CAI Member - €1475
CAI Member - €1295
Fee: CAI Member + IFS Skillnet Member - €910
This professional certificate is benchmarked to industry standards and best practices. Delivered by leading subject matter experts in cyber security, digital forensics and information security law, our programme will bring you on a journey from a basic understanding of the concepts and the law, to dealing with a data-related incident armed with the knowledge and experience of our expert tutors
For further information and to download a course brochure click here
On successful completion of this programme participants will be able to:
• Understand the key concepts of cyber security, including a critical understanding of the concepts, models, methods, and technologies, as well the regulatory landscape
• Identify and select the appropriate approach to implementation of a risk-based approach to cybersecurity and develop proportionate strategies
• Evaluate and determine the appropriate approaches to maintain cyber security, including the role of business continuity as a key control, in the context of cyber crime strategies employed by cyber criminals
• Critically understand the core concept and models of the Forensic IT process, and how it is used to investigate cyber crime, as well as an ability to assess how cyber incidents are managed
• Appreciate the key forensic artefacts that exist on a Windows computer and how to interrogate such information
• Evaluate the core principles of data protection, its regulatory backdrop, recent developments in the law and regulatory guidance and how to implement data protection principles in an organisational cyber security policy to help reduce cyber threats
• Exercise judgment to assess the situation, select the appropriate response and collaborate effectively with colleagues and specialists to manage and respond to a data-related incident in real time
Who is the course for?
The Certificate is designed for business managers and professionals who have an interest in expanding their cyber security knowledge and/or have responsibility for one of the following functions within their organisation: IT, security, legal, audit, assurance, compliance and risk management. It is also relevant to those considering a career in cyber security.
Module 1: Intro to Cyber Security and Technology Risk Management
Module 2: Cyber Security Responses and Introduction to Cyber Crime
Module 3: Cyber Incident Analysis and Forensic IT
Module 4: Data Protection
Module 5: Case Study
Chartered Accountants Ireland is a membership body representing 29,500 influential members throughout the globe. Their role is to educate, represent and support their members.
They provide first class education and training, lifelong learning initiatives, services for otheir members in both practice and business, as well as technical support and representation.