Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 6 Months
Accreditation: Certificate (Level 7)
The Certificate in Management and Team Development aims to provide knowledge and skill development in delivering leadership in a modern commercial environment. Tailored specifically for those in or seeking team lead/supervision roles, the programme provides a complementary set of modules which allow the student to explore topics such as team leadership, group dynamics, performance management, talent development, and problem solving and decision making.
In support of the learning experience and resulting application of learning to the student’s workplace, the programme comprises of organisation led coaching for the individual – via the appointment of a coach internal to the student’s place of work. Based on continuous assessment methodologies, the programme offers an opportunity to gain accreditation through a balanced attendance at class-based lectures/ workshops and work-based assignments and learning guidance.
On successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Apply enhanced personal effectiveness skills to their role;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and theoretical principles of leadership at a team lead/supervisory level and its application in context;
- Use professional and practical leadership and team development skills;
- Develop job specific leadership competencies and skill sets;
- Explore their personal strengths and weaknesses in delivery of leadership;
- Demonstrate an insight into the dynamics of change and best practice in its management;
- Engage and lead change interventions at team/lead supervisory level;
- Practise techniques and skills in problem solving and decision making with an awareness of human error in order to enhance organisational and individual problem solving and decision-making processes.
Who is the course for?
Program is designed for leader/managers starting at first level leadership/management, e.g. Team Leader or Supervisor. Potential Leaders will also be accepted onto the program.
- Self Leadership Development
- Team Leadership and Group Dynamics
- Innovative Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Talent Development
- Organisational Development Project
These modules consist of three core elements:
- Formal course work;
- Self-directed learning using guided readings;
- Work-based projects which allow students to gain practical experience in applying theories and concepts to everyday work
Please contact info@ifsskillnet for more information on training providers.