BCS Certificate in Business Analysis
Full Course Fee: €1395|
Network Members Fee: €835
|Accreditation:||At the end of the course the delegates may sit an examination to obtain the BCS Business Analysis Foundation Certificate. (One Hour Multiple Choice) This qualification provides a foundation for the range of specialist BCS modular certificates in the areas of Business Analysis, IS Consultancy and Business Change, plus the higher level BCS Diploma in Business Analysis. This course is run in association with IT Knowledge Partners - an accredited ATO (Authorised Training Organisation) with BCS (British Computer Society).|
Course Objectives / Learning Outcomes
This qualification provides a range of foundation skills in business analysis including process modelling, stakeholder analysis, business case development, requirements engineering and modelling required IT systems.
It provides the participant with a foundation qualification for a range of specialist BCS modular certificates in the areas of Business Analysis, IS Consultancy and Business Change, plus the higher level BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn the key skills and competencies of a Business Analyst and who would like to have the option to prepare for and take the internationally recognised Foundation exam.
This course can be used to provide a foundation for specialists in other disciplines, particularly Project Managers and System Developers.
- A general understanding of the Business or IT environment would
- Ability to commit to some homework per night during the course.
- Delegates will be expected to have completed the assigned precourse
reading – Chapter 1 of the Business Analysis book sent to
course participants in advance – BCS Business Analysis (2nd
- If taking an exam, candidates are advised that Photo ID must be
provided (Driving Licence, Passport and named work ID badges are
all acceptable). This is a BCS requirement.
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- The role of the Business Analyst – Skills and Competencies
- Introducing the Business Analysis Process Model
- Introducing Strategy Analysis
- Exploration of Investigation Techniques
- Modelling the Business System
- Understanding Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Use of Business Process Modelling
- Making a Business and Financial Case
- Undertaking Requirements Engineering
- Modelling the IT System
- Managing Business Change
BCS Business Analysis Foundation Exam (One Hour Multiple Choice)