Start Dates: TBC
Duration: 1 Day
Agile Project Governance – Supporting the adaptive organisation
The world is in a permanent state of change. And we must adapt how we manage our organisations. There are new ways of managing that are transforming businesses, government organisations and not-for-profits, big and small.
In order to address this volatility, many organisations are managing to drive forward while balancing on “the edge of chaos”. They have embraced a new management approach referred to as agile or adaptive, and are enjoying a sustained competitive advantage; faster speed to market, increased customer satisfaction and superior business results.
The traditional approach to new product development or implementation of business improvement initiatives has been through rigorous plan-based project management. To support such work, project management offices and other coordination groups have formed to align and govern projects within organizations. How are such support structures enabled in adaptive projects where the focus is more about delivering customer value, through the emergence of requirements and associated work, rather than up-front approved requirements that drive detailed work plans. We control traditional projects by comparing “percent complete” against detailed baseline plans. How do we control adaptive projects? These and other questions around agile project governance are explored in this course.
Please contact email@example.com for more information on course fees for this course.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify situations in your organisation where underperforming traditional project management approaches may be improved through application of new management practises
- Reflect on your current project governance structures and how you may wish to alter/augment through adoption of agile thinking
- Understand why ‘Emergence’ and Agile management approaches are succeeding, and learn powerful adaptive methods that organisations are applying to achieve significant competitive advantag
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at managers and senior leaders who are interested in transforming their organisations or departments, and creating teams and ways of working that will handle rapid and never-ending chang
- The challenges of traditional project management
- Project management maturity
- Consistently delivering value in turbulent times
- Exploring Agile – values and principles that underpin this mindset
- Effectively dealing with ongoing disruption emergence – the adaptive approach
- Adaptive project management – Scrum and Kanban
- Governance structures to support agile project managemen