Start Dates: 31/10/2020
Duration: 30th September and 14th October
Accreditation: This programme is fully accredited by University College Cork. Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded a NFQ level 8 major award. Participants on this programme will be registered as part-time University College Cork students and can avail of a range of student supports.
Full Fee: €9,700
Network Members Fee: €6,790
The programme is a capability building programme and rewards the investment made by both individual participants and participating organisation. The programme team work closely with participants to ensure the benefits of the programme are extended to both the individual and organisation, through workshops, coaching, action learning (peer) and leadership in practice projects. Through targeted competency development aligned to learning, organisations can increase their talent pool and leadership potential, thereby building capability to meet future challenges. In addition, the programme operates at both a formal and informal level which encourages participants to develop networks in order to facilitate collaboration across their organisation. The programme provides individual participants with the opportunity to pursue further personal and professional development, which is goal and work oriented, problem centred and involves real world practice. This requires personal reflection on the outcomes and feedback from others (including colleagues and managers). In a post Covid 19 world, the programme has been adapted to meet the needs of an agile and virtual world. Parts of each module will be delivered virtually. ‘Leading Disruption’ module is delivered completely through a virtual platform, equipping our members with the broader skills of leading in a virtual world.
- Recognition of previous workplace learning.
- A combination of academic, professional, and personal development through role specific development.
- Support for learning, enhancement of skills and professional development aligned to Insurance Industry competencies and Organisation Development Frameworks.
- Flexible modes of delivery (ILT, Feedback, Coaching, Presentations, Action Learning Set, Leadership in Practice Projects, and Masterclasses).
- Action based learning aligned to delivering assignments relevant to Insurance Ireland membership.
- High standards of education and learning in line with best practice.
- Projects and on job learning activities leading to a Level 8 Higher Diploma in Leadership Development.
- Blended delivery to meet the challenges of a post Covid 19 world in virtual classrooms, when needed.
Who is the course for?
The programme is targeted at individuals in a leadership role who wish to
develop knowledge, skills and behaviours that will assist in developing or
enhancing leadership and management capability, either wholly or as part of
their role at a personal, interpersonal or organisational perspective. It will be
delivered as an open programme, but it can also be customised to be delivered
in house as a one company-based programme.
- My Leadership Journey
- My Leadership Effectiveness
- Leading My Organisation
- Leading Disruption
- Leading My Customer
- Leading My Team